How to Get Rid of Nervousness
Have you ever felt butterflies in your stomach, sweaty palms, body sweating, words stuttering before an interview, before giving a speech in front of audience, before giving an exam? YES, you have definitely experienced one of these nervous situations. Every single person feels nervous about one thing or the other but only a few have it under their control. You might have seen some people before going for a public speech seem so confident and not nervous but if you ask them personally, they will say yes they were very nervous but they just choose not to show their fear. This is what helps you to relax and feel less nervous. If you want to be one of those people, then you have chosen the right article to get rid of your nervousness.
People usually think of what OTHERS might be thinking about them, what OTHERS might be talking about them, what if it doesn’t go the way they want it to go? They worry too much about their reputation. The question is why worries about what others think or what will be the outcome? What’s the worst thing that could happen even if it dint go the way you wanted it to go? Is it going to be the end of the world? Is someone going to beat you up for it? The answer is always NO! So why worry or get nervous? Therefore, the best ways to eliminate nervousness is asking yourself questions like these and try all possible answers or if you feel more comfortable writing it down, then you can go for that. This will give you relaxing moment and make you feel that there is nothing to worry about.
Nervous levels depend from person to person. Many feel less nervous of the situation because they have already experienced it once before. Let me give you some of the ways to face nervous situation!
- Slow exercise- Take a deep breath and hold it for 5 seconds and then exhale it out. This will help you to relax your body.
- Prepare yourself very well, for example, if you are giving a speech then prepare it very well so that you don’t blank out and this will eliminate one of your reasons for fearing.
- Avoid any caffeine drinks – Caffeine increases your heart beat and increases your adrenaline hormone making you extremely nervous.
- Listen to music-Before going for any nervous situation, listen to slow music or any song that you love. It will not only relax your mind but also make you feel good, comfortable and happier.
- Get compliments-Its gains a lot of confidence if you have someone close to you who will compliment you for your work. Example- If it’s a singing competition, sing in front of your friend and take his feedback. If its negative, then you will try again and again till you improve but if it’s a positive one, then it will make you very happy and not to mention it will boost your confidence ALOT !
However, this is not the only problem that nervous people face; they also get a lot of negative thoughts just before facing a situation. It’s very difficult to stop these thoughts but it is possible to replace them with positive thoughts which make them more confident. Example-”I am going to do this great”, “There is nothing to fear”, “This is going to be my best performance”
Once you know how to control your nervousness, it will also help you to gain confidence. But it doesn’t stop there. Here’s what else you need to know to stop your nervousness. Remember an event where you were nervous but you made it in the end successfully or if you never had one, then imagine having like that. This will make you feel a lot better.
The next time you are nervous, remember to follow these points and put an end to your nervous situations. Get yourself into every activity and be the famous one!
Click Here to read my story and learn how I got rid of my anxiety using completely natural methods.